Covid update - Friday
17th June 2022
COVID UPDATE - 10.45am, FRIDAY JUNE 17
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 1006 (Down 183 on previous day, 440 PCR + 566 RAT).
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 2276 (Up 45 on previous day)
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 8355 (Down 762 on previous day, 3880 PCR + 4475 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1372 (Up 38 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 42 (Down 1 on previous day)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 8 (Down 9 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.5% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 95% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 64.1% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 82.7% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.1% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.8% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.