Covid update - Thursday
31st March 2022
COVID UPDATE - 11.40am, THURSDAY MARCH 31
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2719 (down 465 on previous day's figure, 812 PCR + 1907 RAT).
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 73 (Up 10 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 5 (Same as yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 2 (A man aged 100 from Maitland LGA and a man in his 70s from Lake Macquarie LGA. My sincere condolences are extended to their families and friends).
New cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 4140 (up 92 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 22,107 (down 3128 on previous day, 8798 PCR + 13,309 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1326 (up 25 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 39 (down 7 since yesterday, 16 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 17 (Up 2 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.6% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 59.9% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.4% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.4% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.