Covid update - Friday
25th March 2022
¿ COVID UPDATE - 11.45am, FRIDAY MARCH 25
¿ A couple of observations with today's update:
- despite our latest wave of infections, our hospitalisation, ICU and death numbers remain low. In fact they're among the best in the world and can undoubtedly be attributed to our high vaccination rates and comparatively-awesome health system.
- the Covid death toll in the US topped one million yesterday. The global death toll is now at 6.123m. In the US, the death rate is 2996 per million of population, compared to just 224 per million in Australia. The US death rate is nowhere near the world's worst, however. It's 6279 per million in Peru, 5307 in Bulgaria and 4702 in Hungary.
- And if you thought our latest case numbers were bad, consider that South Korea recorded 490,707 new cases yesterday (their population is roughly double that of Australia). Germany recorded 301,544 new cases yesterday and France 145,560. Very sobering statistics.
¿ New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2734 (up 12 on previous day's figure, 1028 PCR + 1718 RAT).
¿ Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 43 (Down 3 since yesterday)
¿ Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 4 (same as yesterday)
¿ Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 0.
¿ New cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 3387 (up 238 on previous day).
¿ New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 23,702 (down 1101 on previous day, 10,188 PCR + 13,514 RAT)
¿ Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1182 (up 2 since yesterday)
¿ Covid patients in NSW ICU: 43 (same as yesterday, 15 requiring ventilation)
¿ Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 7 (Down 1 on previous day)
¿ STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.5% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 59% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.5% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.3% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
¿ More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
¿ More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
¿ QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.