Local sporting clubs boosted by funding grants
17th April 2018
Very pleased to announce that we've been successful in getting 14 grants for local sporting clubs from the Office of Sport.
The grants help to provide clubs with new equipment, development and facilities which are always needed and welcomed in our local area.
Among this year's recipients are:
* Toronto Baseball Club which will receive $1000 for the provision of coach accreditation.
* Macquarie Shores Swimming Club which will receive $3000 for the purchase and installation of a digital timing clock, and $500 for the provision of coach accreditation.
* Toronto Croquet Club which will receive $5000 for the purchase of quadway hoops.
* Westlakes Wildcats Football Club which will receive $4500 for some portable practice goals.
* South Cardiff Football Club which will receive $2000 to give ground officials training in first aid, and $3788 for the purchase of goal posts and training balls.
* Toronto Pony Club which will receive $500 to purchase sun-safe dressage arena markers.
* Hunter Valley Paddlesports Club which will get $800 for the purchase of a race timer and printer.
* Hunter Mountainbike Association which will receive $4396 towards the installation of four fixed shade structures at Awaba Mountainbike Park.
* Cardiff Bowling Club which will get $5000 to purchase 15 sets of new bowls.
* Southern Lakes United Football Club which will get $4750 for the purchase of uniforms and equipment.
* Lake Macquarie BMX Club which will get $9500 to upgrade lighting at the Argenton BMX track, and
* Rathmines Bowling Club which will get $4950 to purchase 15 sets of new bowls.