From tomorrow, Monday September 13, an outdoor restriction will be eased for people who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
There are a number of conditions which relate to that change. They include:
- Up to five fully vaccinated people can meet outdoors for exercise or recreation such as a picnic in the park or at the beach.
- This does not include private residences or yards where restrictions on visitors remain.
- If gathering outdoors, you must carry some evidence of your vaccination, such as the digital vaccination certificate which you can get on the Medicare app, or download to your digital wallet.
- Children aged under 12 are not counted in the total, so they can be addition to the five adults.
- All people must be from the same LGA or within five kilometres of their home.
- Children aged 12-17 are not required to be fully vaccinated to join the group, but they must be counted in the five total.
- Masks must be worn when not eating or drinking and the 1.5m social distancing rule should be observed.