$300,000 for Lake Macquarie community projects
20th March 2020
Really pleased to announce today that almost 30 sporting and cultural organisations in the Lake Macquarie electorate have been successful in securing grants to improve or construct facilities under the Community Building Partnership (CBP) program.
CBP grants allow local organisations to build or improve facilities for their members and the communities they serve.
This grassroots funding is worth $300,000 this year and will deliver 27 local projects which help to create more vibrant and inclusive communities.
Included in this year’s list are upgrades to local halls and the installation of air conditioning, playground upgrades, solar power installations and sports ground facilities.
These small projects deliver positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes.
Among the groups which made successful bids this year are South Cardiff Football Club, Toronto Tigers Baseball Club, Survivors R Us and Speers Point Amateur Sailing Club which will receive $7500 for clubhouse renovations.
Lake Macquarie City Council is among the recipients and will receive funds to upgrade and air condition public halls at Bolton Point, Kilaben Bay, Lakelands and Wyee. Wangi Men’s Shed and Woodrising Natural Learning Centre are also among the recipients.
A full list of the 2019-20 grant recipients is below.
I also run workshops each year which deal with fundraising and the writing of grant applications. Please contact my office if you or your organisation would be interested in attending that workshop or want more information on next year's grants (4959-3200).
LAKE MACQUARIE – COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
* Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW, improving sports infrastructure, scoreboards, shot clocks and scoring bench, $14,949
* Lake Macquarie City Council, supply and install air conditioning at Bolton Point Community Hall, $7,865
* Lake Macquarie City Council, supply and install air conditioning at Kilaben Bay Community Hall, $5,029
* Wangi Peter Pan Kindergarten, resurface playground, $7,000
* Lake Macquarie City Council, supply and install air conditioning at Lakelands Community Hall, $6,023
* Lake Macquarie City Council, supply and install air conditioning at Wyee Community Hall, $6,490
* The Scouts Association of Australia NSW Branch, upgrade Carey Bay/Toronto Scout Hall, $26,440
* Toronto Public School P&C, early intervention playground renovation, $25,000
* The Trustee for The Salvation Army (NSW) Property Trust, Westlakes Community Garden, $4,506
* Anglican Care, Kilpatrick Court dementia-friendly curtyard makeover, $3,500
* Survivor's R Us, Scrub 'N Buff, $5,000
* Survivor's R Us, Up, Up and Away, $10,000
* South Cardiff Football Club, team dugouts, $9,744
* Wangi Men's Shed Inc, timber cutting, sanding and dust extraction facility including electrical installation, $15,493
* Woodrising Natural Learning Centre Inc, repairs and improvements, $20,000
* The Scouts Association of Australia NSW Branch, storage and shelter, $11,000
* Cardiff Junior Rugby League Football Club Inc, Cardiff No1 Oval Myall Road Rugby League Football safety fenc, $21,000
* Toronto Bridge Club Inc, insulation and air conditioning of the Toronto Bridge Club, $12,200
* Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust [NSW] on behalf of Morisset Uniting Church, drainage and road repair, $21,780
* Trustees of Church Property for the Diocese of Newcastle, solar power and electrical upgrades for St Thomas' Cardiff, $11,420
* Speers Point Amateur Sailing Club Inc, renovate and repair clubhouse, $7581
* Teralba Amateur Sailing Club Inc, replacement of 2002 Boat Motor including installation for start boat, $10,000
* Macquarie Shores Swimming Club Inc, purchase of portable scoreboard to enhance existing timing equipment, $4,500
* Westlakes Automobile Club Inc, spectator fencing, $2,500
* Toronto Tigers Senior Baseball Club, batting cage drainage project, $8,000
* Hunter Mountain Bike Assoc, mountain bike trailers, $12,980
* Survivor's R Us Inc, sun powered survivors, $10,000